U Visa for Domestic Abuse Victims — Immigration Lawyer in Sacramento, San Francisco, San Jose

Share it with your friends Like

Thanks! Share it with your friends!


U Visa for Domestic Abuse Victims

California Immigration Lawyer
Sacramento, San Francisco, San Jose and Santa Clara

Immigrants face many challenges in the United States, and sometimes, they may be victims of violent crimes, but they may fear reporting these crimes. If you are a victim of a violent crime and received substantial injury, report it to the police! In fact, doing so may make you eligible for a visa reserved specifically for this situation: The U Visa. You must cooperate with the criminal investigation into the crime committed against you in order to be eligible for the U visa.

But does domestic violence or abuse “count” the same as other violent crimes? The short answer is, “Yes!”

Kaushik Ranchod of the Ranchod Law Group answers some common questions about the U visa, including whether men or only women are eligible for it. If a man is the victim of a violent crime and receives substantial injury, he may be eligible for the U visa in the same way that a woman would be — the law is written to treat all persons equally in this regard.

This video is for educational purposes only, and is not intended as legal advice. For more educational videos from Ranchod Law, subscribe to our channel or visit our website, https://www.RanchodLaw.com

If you have any legal questions, we encourage you to pick up the phone and call us at (916) 613-3553, or to email us at info@ranchodlaw.com and you can schedule a consultation. We meet with new clients every day, and we have different in-office staff members who can translate into Spanish and several other languages. Our passion is for helping people involved in the immigration process, and our law firm knows the ins and outs of every aspect of immigration.

The Ranchod Law Group
8880 Cal Center Drive, Suite 400
Sacramento, CA 95826