What happens after your green card is approved? Immigration Attorney Answers Questions

Share it with your friends Like

Thanks! Share it with your friends!


What happens after your green card is approved? Immigration Attorney Answers Questions

California Immigration Lawyer
Sacramento, San Francisco, San Jose and Santa Clara

What happens after your green card is approved? Let’s walk through answering this great question together:

Prior to getting your green card, you must be careful to avoid leaving the United States without consulting an immigration attorney. Once you have your green card, you can work, and you can travel, too! That’s what the green card means — you are “green” as in “good to go”! You’re approved! BUT if you travel outside the U.S. for more than 180 days you may want to apply for a reentry permit to ensure a smooth process.

After getting a green card through marriage, you may apply for citizenship 2 years and 9 months after you received the green card. If you achieved the green card through employment, you may apply for citizenship after 4 years and 9 months.

Please talk with a qualified immigration attorney before attempting any change in your legal status. Pick up the phone and give us a call! We are always accepting new clients. Call us at (916) 613-3553, or email us at info@ranchodlaw.com and you can schedule a consultation. Our staff can translate Spanish and many other languages. Our passion is for assisting people through the ins and outs of the immigration process, and we recognize that you are very brave to be moving to a new country, and that immigrants like you are what make America great. Give us a call!

This video is for educational purposes only, and is not intended as legal advice. For more educational videos from Ranchod Law, subscribe to our channel or visit our website, https://www.RanchodLaw.com

The Ranchod Law Group
8880 Cal Center Drive, Suite 400
Sacramento, CA 95826